Questions for Adults
- What is a Proverb? Who wrote Proverbs?
- What is the purpose of the Proverbs?
- What is knowledge? What is wisdom? How do we gain wisdom?
- Reflection: Our Western mind-set tends to equate knowledge with wisdom. According to the Bible, people can be “wise” only when they behave wisely. Education and insight aside, does your behavior reflect wisdom?
- What is meant by a simple man? Who are the simple?
- What does it mean to fear the Lord?
- What practical difference does the fear of God make in our day to day lives?
Questions for Kids
- As you read verse Proverbs 1:1-6 do you think we are born wise do we have to become wise?
- Take a look at Proverbs 1:7. Where does knowledge and wisdom begin?
- What does it mean to fear God?
- What do fools do with wisdom?
1) Who wrote this section of Proverbs of verse one of this book? (Proverbs 1:1)
2) Why did Solomon write Proverbs, according to these verses? (Proverbs 1:1-7)
3) What three types of individuals are mentioned by Solomon in these verses? (Proverbs 1:1-7)
4) Where does wisdom come from, according to verse seven? (Proverbs 1:7)
5) What sort of enticements did Solomon warn us about in these verses of this book? (Proverbs 1:8-19)
6) What happens to those who pursue ill-gotten gain in verse nineteen? (Proverbs 1:19)
7) How did Solomon describe wisdom in these two verses? (Proverbs 1:20-21)
8) How did Solomon describe the simple person, the mocker, and the fool in verse twenty-two? (Proverbs 1:22)
9) How does wisdom treat those who reject her in these verses? (Proverbs 1:24-27)
10) What is the result of not accepting wisdom, according to these verses? (Proverbs 1:28-32)
11) What is the result of accepting wisdom, according to verse thirty-three? (Proverbs 1:33)
Questions by Frank Rose.